Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Marco Antonio Torres - Quit, Complain or Innovate


We were happy to host Marco Torres as our evening speaker to kick of the Leadership Instiute.

Marco Torres, a social studies teacher and technology director at San Fernando High School, explores how the creation of multimedia projects empowers his students, as well as those who participate in the San Fernando Education Technology Team (SFETT).

Here are a couple of websites to come back to over and over again.

  • Marco's Bio and Contact Information

  • Marco's Bio at Edutopia

  • SFETT Student Work
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hola, friends! I was honored to present to you all. I was so nervous, but seeing your smiles and reinforcing nods pushed me through the presentation. Gracias for your commitment to learning, your love for curiosity, and love for our kids!!!

    I hope we can take advantage of these tools, the new created communities, and the new stage(s) to receive, produce, publish, share, and distribute ideas. I get so excited knowing that my network of colleagues will grow and I (and my students) will benefit from it.

    Please stay in touch with me throughout the year (and in the future). iChat (AIM and Skpe) is the best way to bring me into your classroom, office, or home. My username is "mrtorres21". Jump on, lets expand our network and INNOVATE together!

    Here are some cool links for you that describe, in more detail, some of the concepts I talked about.

    http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/erm0322.pdf
    - Elizabeth Daley is the Dean of the School of Cinema and Television @ USC.
    - This article looks at Multimedia as a language. A must read for educators everywhere!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4403574.stm
    - This article is a wealth of information regarding how Teens are using the web, more than adults, to create and share (sound familiar).
    - It looks at Blogging, Podcasting, Activism, and DJing as sharing communities.
    - Also, it explains some of these buzzwords and even has a test to see how "digital" you really are.
    - Copyright is also addressed with the linked Creative Commons article link.
    - A great place to start for you!

    Stay in touch!!!!!


    Marco Antonio Torres

    11:41 PM

     
    Blogger Wesley Fryer said...

    Marco: You are the man!!! I am here in Horseshoe Bay for our final projects day, and I am so sorry I missed you! Thanks very much for the resources you listed here, I will definitely check them out. Keep on being so creative and encouraging other educators to do the same! Your passion is contagious, and that is a great thing! :-)

    7:45 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home